Tuesday, May 5, 2009

first TWO chapters of JOHN and JEREMIAH

Last night I read the first two chapters of John and Jeremiah. Before reading it I pray to God about everything I felt that moment. And as the conversation between us went on I can't help but to cry like a child to Him. Although I usually been emotional whenever I do it. Its just an extraordinary feeling that you talk to God like a child feeling that He's so attentive listening to every word that comes from your mouth.

And then I went on reading His word afterward.

I first read the gospel of John. I have a contemporary english version of bible and its very easy for me to catch up on every detail I read because it was made very easy, made intentionally for the youths. I appreciate every single verse I read because I can easily understand it even though I am not yet able to understand its deeper and deepest meanings I know God will teach me in His time.

After I finish its first two chapters I went abruptly to Jeremiah. And once again I read it. I once read few of its chapters few months ago when I was still making a journal. And after 30 minutes I finished reading it.
I don't feel sleepy anymore the time I finish reading it. I don't know why. But I just lay my head on my pillow trying to rest now.

Everything I read in John reminds me of how wonderful God is. How He is so powerful and that increases my faith in Him and my knowing towards Him.

Jeremiah reminds me of the sinful nature of man and I felt how God badly felt when His chosen nation has turn her back against Him. I know God is not worthy of that deed. In the first chapter, God sends Jeremiah to Israel to warn them, it reminded me of God's promise that He will never leave us..in anywhere He will want us to go.. He will surely be with us..

God is full of abundant grace that is addressed to us who is not deserving for anything.

I know in God's time everything will be perfect.. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment